We will be serving our community together by painting Periwinkle Elementary on July 12th, 2014. If you would like to volunteer to help, register through your church or click here. Some important things to remember that will help you prepare for the day…
- Please come at 8:30 am to get your t-shirt, and fuel up on coffee and donuts.
- Most of the painting will be 8 foot T-1-11 siding – we will be using rollers for the body (light brown) and brushing the trim (dark brown).
- There is a modular classroom and two sheds to be painted.
- The entry and sides of Periwinkle will involve overhead painting about 8 feet high.
- The back side cafeteria has lots of windows, but not much trim work.
- 8 feet and up all round Periwinkle is metal which will require special equipment and skills. We will be leaving this for the professionals – Fitzpatrick Painting will be doing those areas at a later date.
- Please bring brushes, ladders, and basic paint equipment (put your name on anything you want back)
- We will have paint, drop clothes, tape, and some rollers.
- Please bring wheel barrows, shovels, and racks (put your name on anything you want back).
In Jefferson volunteers will be painting the High School Grandstands. Click here to volunteer for that project or sign-up through your church.